The structure of the program is a combination of coursework and a Master’s Exam during the fourth semester.
Coursework: 36 hours
- 3 hours of 7301, Teaching French and Italian at the College Level
- 3 hours of 7601, Introduction to Literary and Cultural Theory
- 6 hours of 8601, Theory and Practice (taken twice)
- 15 hours in Italian core courses at the 8000-level
- 6 hours in courses outside of Italian chosen in consultation with the advisor (5000-level or above)
- 3 hours of 8998, Exam and Prospectus preparation