Use this form to change a grade that has already been submitted or to update an Incomplete grade.
This form should be used when students need permission to enroll in a class for various reasons such as missing prerequisites, a time conflict in between two classes, on permission to audit a class.
Note: During virtual instruction this form can still be used using Adobe sign feature. However, many offices are also excepting an email from the instructor(s) as permission.
Important Dates are listed within semester specific PDFs under the "Important Dates" subheading, including Grades Posting deadlines, deadlines to add/drop courses, etc.
An explanation of grades that can be given to students, including rules about assigning/extending an Incomplete Grade.
View Schedule of Classes on BuckeyeLink
A full schedule of all current and upcoming courses at the university.
Course Catalog in BuckeyeLink
A list of all courses that are currently active and available to schedule in the university.
Department Committees and Calendar
All department meetings will take place via Zoom.
Some meetings might end early, or will be cancelled depending upon agenda items.
One meeting is open to all department members, and is mandatory for tenure-track faculty, the staff representative, the associated faculty representative, and the graduate student representative.
Another meeting is for tenure-track faculty, as there will be much to discuss and implement this year regarding curriculum, our governance documents, etc. These meetings are not meant to be exclusionary, and any pertinent information will be promptly shared with the FRIT community.
Department Meeting (all) M, 8/17 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (tenure-track) M, 8/31 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (all) M, 9/14 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (tenure-track) M, 9/28 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (all) M, 10/12 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (tenure-track) M, 10/26 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (all) M, 11/16 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (tenure-track) M, 11/30 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (all) M, 1/11 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (tenure-track) M, 1/25 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (all) M, 2/8 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (tenure-track) M, 2/22 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (all) M, 3/8 10:00-11:30
P&T meeting (eligible faculty) M, 3/22 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (all) M, 4/5 10:00-11:30
Department Meeting (t-t faculty/GTA Review): M, 4/19 10:00-11:30
M, 2/1: Annual updates (1/1/20–12/31/20) due to Adam Keller (tenure-track faculty)
M, 2/1: Fourth year review materials due to Christiana Whitesel
M, 3/1: Associate Profs wishing to be put forward for promotion must notify chair and submit with annual update a CV, all publications since last promotion (or from previous 5 years), and all SEIs and SETs since last promotion (or from previous 5 years)
M, 3/29: Final deadline for comments period for fourth year reviews
Th, 4/1: Fourth year review reappointments due to college
F, 5/14: Annual updates (2020-2021 academic year) due to Adam Keller (Associated faculty)
Th, 5/27: List of proposed external reviewers for 2021-22 P&T cases due to Shari Speer for approval
ASC COVID Resource Page (for college announcements)
University COVID-19 Resources
- Safe and Healthy Buckeyes information and guidance
- Information about coronavirus and the university’s response
- Resources for faculty
- Resources for COVID-19 research
- Resources for students
- Resources for staff
- Faculty and staff can use the Human Resources Keep Well website, the Chief Wellness Officer Health and Wellness page and Your Plan For Health.
- Students can use the Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) and the Buckeye Peer Access Line (PAL), which operates Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. to midnight, and Friday from 2 to 6 p.m.
- CCS also provides guidance for ways for faculty and staff to support students.
- The Ohio State: Wellness app is designed for students but offers tips and guidance useful for all members of our community. It is available for Android and iOS devices.
Pre-Candidacy Students: 8 credit hours in Autumn/Spring, if teaching in summer 5 credit hours
Post-Candidacy Students: 3 credit hours
Fellowship Students: 12 credit hours in Autumn/Spring, 6 credit hours in Summer
Information and requirements specific to graduate programs in the FRIT deparment.
Important university-wide information, deadlines, and policies regarding graduate studies.
Information regarding Ohio State Fellowships.
Online platform to submit forms to be processed by the Graduate School.
- If you wish to update your office hours or any other information on your profile, please submit this form.
- Employee resources regarding Benefits Information (copmrhensive benefits package), Employee Self Service (ESS) (eProfile, eBenefit, ePayroll),Employment Verification (The Work Number for Everyone), eLeave Tool (for faculty, staff, and lecturers), eTimesheet Tool (electronic timesheet), Health Plan, etc.
- Academic Calendar by semester and year
- Arts & Humanities Calendar: general reminder of due date
- University Holidays when offices are closed
- University-specific tools to support instruction such as Buckeyebox (online file and folder sharer), Carmen (online learning management syste), Office of Disability Services, etc.
- University-specific support for ASCTech Help (request support from the Arts & Sciences Staff), Remote Access (access your network files from home or abroad), my.osu.edu, etc.
- ASCTech Help
Request support from the Arts & Sciences Technology staff.
- Remote Access to Network Files
Access your network files from home or abroad.
- OCIO Support Desk
Ask a question or request assistance from the University IT Service Desk; order services and software from the OCIO Service Catalog.
Manage your OSU digital identity: Username, Password, etc.
Online system that allows files and folders to be stored and shared with others.
Ohio State's online learning management system.
- Classroom Support Services
Classroom technology support and services for academic courses.
- Disability Services
The Office for Disability Services provides individualized accommodations and support services for students with disabilities.
- Faculty Center
Allows faculty to manage their classes including: viewing and printing their class and grade rosters, using the Gradebook, specifying Student Evaluation of Instruction (SEI) options and viewing SEI reports.
- Graduate School Forms, Guidelines, and Policy
Rules, policies and forms pertaining to graduate students, graduate faculty, and graduate programs.
- University Center for the Advancement of Teaching
UCAT focuses on faculty success by providing information, consultation, and events on teaching
- University Registrar Frequently Used Forms
Forms for grade changes, course adds, course drops, etc.
- Benefits Information
Overview of the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University.
- Employee Self Service (ESS)
ESS makes it easier for you to manage your personal information; components include:
eProfile (update your personal information, including home address and phone number)
eBenefit (enroll and manage your benefits elections when newly hired or during open enrollment)
ePayroll (view your pay information, manage your direct deposit, enroll to receive your W-2 online) .
- Employment Verification
Employment verification requests are completed by The Work Number for Everyone®. The Work Number is an automated service that provides instant verification 24 hours a day.
- eLeave Tool | eLeave User Guide [pdf]
Electronic leave tool for faculty, staff, and lecturers to submit leave requests (i.e. sick leave).
- eTimesheet Tool | eTimesheet User Guide [pdf]
Electronic timesheet tool for biweekly and student employees.
- Your Plan for Health
Programs and resources to promote health and wellness.
- Pre-Trip Worksheet | Travel Reimbursement Worksheet
Worksheets to be used to help organize pre-trip planning and post-trip reimbursement.
- Travel FAQs | OSU Travel Policy
Official Travel Policies of The Ohio State University are subject to change so please refer to this resource regularly.
- Mileage & Per Diem | Currency Converter
Additional travel resources. The General Services Administration sets the per diem and mileage rate for US cities and the State Department sets per diem for international cities. All currency must be converted into USD for reimbursement purposes.
- Business Leave Tool
Submit a business leave request if reimbursement of travel expense is not expected (e.g. going downtown for the day for meetings or a third party is paying all expenses). If travel expense will be reimbursed, complete the travel request form (Pre-Trip Worksheet) instead of the business leave request.
If you need any help or additional information on the travel process, please contact the Department Fiscal Associate.