Free tutoring and extra conversation practice is available to students currently enrolled in our French and Italian courses. Instructions and schedules are available below.
See the expandable fields below for more specific information on French and Italian opportunities.
During Spring 2021 all Conversation Hours and Free Tutoring is done virtually.
Café + is an inter-level French conversation table sponsored and led by FIGSA (French and Italian Graduate Student Association). Graduate Teaching Associates host 1-hour Zoom sessions, divided into 15-minute slots, that can be used by students of French for tutoring or conversation practice. You will need to sign up beforehand for a 15-minute slot and fill out the required information. Click below to sign up for a slot of either tutoring or conversation practice.
1. Go to: https://iilc.as.me/.
2. Select "French Café+/Tutoring".
3. Choose Café+ or Tutoring.
4. Sign up for a time slot.
Café + is designed especially for students taking 1000- to 3000-level courses in French, but other students are always welcome. Students in French 1101.01, 1102.01, 1103.01, and 1155.01 (but not those enrolled in .51 or .61 sections) may earn extra credit by attending.
What is Café Plus?
FREE conversation table IN FRENCH for OSU students and interested public.
What is required for participation?
Readiness to engage in conversations IN FRENCH. No necessary minimum level of ability; only an expectation of good-faith participatory efforts.
What is expected of participants?
Ask questions, bring up topics that interest you, let the facilitator know if you need help. We also expect that you will make mistakes when you speak; that’s totally fine! Also, of course, please always treat the facilitator and anyone else present with consideration and RESPECT.
What can participants expect at Café Plus?
Games, jokes, conversation, maybe even making friends – and all IN FRENCH! This is a safe space for you to practice and improve your French. You will not receive a grade or be evaluated; all you have to do is make an honest effort to participate at your level.
2:30pm – 3:00pm (Kirby)
2:30pm – 3:00pm (Genevieve)
9:30am – 10am (Aleks)
2:30pm – 3:00pm (Thierno)
12:00pm – 12:30pm (Badou)
Free Tutoring Schedule
1:30pm – 2:30pm (Kirby)
9:30am – 10:30am (Aleks)
1:00pm – 2:00pm (Genevieve)
1. Make a 15-minute appointment on the Acuity scheduling system by pasting the following link to your browser: https://iilc.as.me/?appointmentType=12480104
2. Online sessions will take place on Zoom, you need a video-camera and a microphone. On the day and time of your scheduled appointment join the online meeting by copying and pasting the CORRESPONDING ZOOM link to a computer or smartphone (see below)
3. Tell the instructor whether you need tutoring or extra credit conversation. Keep track of your extra credit sessions and send a list to your own instructor at the end of the semester. There is no extra credit for tutoring.
Monday 11:00-12:00pm, Gianangeli (this session starts February 8)
Monday 4:00pm-5:00pm, Antolini (this session starts February 8)
Tuesday 11:30-12:00pm, Emery
Wednesday 10:30-11:30, Gianangeli
Wednesday 3:00pm-3:30pm, Emery
Thursday 12:35pm-1:35pm, Antolini